Patient Services Representative
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: May 29, 2023
PSR FLOAT POSITION - Hours could vary anywhere from 6:45am-9:00pm in any one of our 4 offices Mon-Friday. At times may be asked to work weekends.
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for greeting in a courteous and professional manner all incoming patients, visitors, physicians, vendors or other individuals. The person in this position is responsible for registering patients and coordinating with back-office personnel for timely turnaround. This individual responds to patient questions and concerns, both on the telephone and in person and is responsible for all paperwork associated with patient registration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets and registers patients in a friendly and service oriented manner.
- Notifies appropriate team member on patient arrival.
- Obtains proper insurance and patient information, collects signatures and ensures accuracy and completion of necessary documentation.
- Verifies/ updates changes in patient/physician/insurance to ensure proper billing.
- Collects and logs all co-pays and fees.
- Answers/ transfers incoming phone calls.
- Schedules, reschedules or cancels new or current patients, confirms appointments and notifies staff of changes when necessary.
- Enters accurate information in the system.
- Pre-registers, submits reports and documents, inputs clinical data as needed for appointment, and requests films as needed.
- Gives patients appropriate orientation for preparatory and safety protocols, and provides directions to facilities if needed.
- Responds to patient's minor questions and concerns, and refer to supervisor when necessary, in an expedient manner.
- Maintains awareness of temperament/mood of patients in lobby in order to ensure optimal service experience and curtail any frustrations or communication that could affect the experience of other patients.
- Communicates delays in appointments in a timely fashion and offers rescheduling in circumstances where delays could be significant.
- Coordinates with the back office staff for timely and effective care of patients.
- Obtains proper authorization and identification prior to release of confidential medical records.
- Uses clerical skills (e.g. filing, organizing, process incoming mail etc).
- Provides management with reports and logs when required.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of the position described above. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
This position often requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting reaching with hands and arms, using hands and fingers, handling, constant talking, and hearing. Also, must be able to lift over 50 pounds, occasionally. All employees are to assist and participate as members of a lift assistance team (for special accommodation patients or any patient requiring assistance onto a table or equipment placement) to initiate or complete an exam or procedure.
Representatives work in a medical office setting with low to moderate noise level.
$15.50-17.00 / hour
Keywords: RadNet, Port St. Lucie , Patient Services Representative, Sales , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
here to apply!