Operating Room Technician
Company: HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Operating Room Technician? At HCA Florida
St. Lucie Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up
to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members
over the course of three years.BenefitsHCA Florida St. Lucie
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.You
contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients
lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are
looking for a dedicated Operating Room Technician like you to be a
part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Operating Room Technician demonstrates knowledge of surgical
instruments and principals of sterile technique. The Operating Room
Technician anticipates the needs of the surgical suite within the
scope of the positions competencies with the use of critical
thinking. The Operating Room Technician adheres to hospital
policies and procedure, is supervised by the Registered Nurse, and
collaborates with the surgical team to improve customer
satisfaction. The Operating Room Technician is a supportive role
and will be implemented, as the needs of the department require.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may
include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Required Job Qualifications include:
- BLS for Healthcare Provider required
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long
periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital is a 229-bed acute care
facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, HCA
Florida St. Lucie Hospital has provided quality care to the
Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services
including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer
care, and breast center. We offer minimally-invasive and robotic
surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine
Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment. This ensures
patients have access to high-quality care. HCA Florida St. Lucie
Hospital is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, and an American
College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. The Emergency
Room at the main hospital and the freestanding ER at Darwin Square
are designed with consideration for special populations such as
pediatric and geriatric patients.We are located in Port St. Lucie,
a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime
rate, diverse housing stock, and abundant open space. If you are
interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you
to explore opportunities to join our team at HCA Florida St. Lucie
Hospital. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds
Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ?In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "Good people beget
good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We
are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent
Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Operating Room
Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of
caring!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital, Port St. Lucie , Operating Room Technician, Professions , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!