Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: November 19, 2022
United States of America
State / County
Port St. Lucie
Continuous Improvement, Maintenance
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The DMLS Technician will be responsible for machine set-up,
maintenance and post processing of DMLS parts.ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Setup, operate and perform daily maintenance on additive
manufacturing machines; metal printing.
- General shop duties to facilitate the production of DMLS parts
including: DMLS machine set-up, powder sieving, DMLS machine
clean-out, material changes.
- Assists with developing and tracking department-specific
metrics for quality reporting purposes.
- Develop and update work instructions.
- Develop and utilize best practices and production methodologies
relevant to specific additive technologies.
- Document procedural steps for internal training purposes, train
others in processes and procedures as required.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment
problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to the
- Complete and document routine maintenance on applicable DMLS
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of
non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous
Improvement activities in Manufacturing.SECONDARY DUTIES AND
- Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies
and procedures, while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work
- Must participate in required training, medical monitoring,
safety, and health evaluations and programs.
- Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all
designated areas of facility.
- *Perform all physical functions of position; standing,
stooping, bending, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, turning
and lifting of materials up to 35 lbs.
- Meet established attendance standards.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Must report any work-related injury or illness immediately to
your direct supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Use simple arithmetic including decimals and fractions.
- Simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings,
specifications, schedules or similar information.
- Use precision measuring instruments, test equipment or other
devices where interpretation is required.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively solve problems.
- Experience in using professional initiative to coordinate
processes and streamline operations with limited supervision.
- Highly motivated and works well in a fast pace, team-oriented
environment; continuously develops new competencies to accommodate
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment, effectively
prioritize, and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to
express oneself clearly and in both technical and user-friendly
- Ability to work within a collaborative team structure by having
a welcoming attitude and personality with strong interpersonal
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Port St. Lucie , DMLS Technician, Professions , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!