Automotive Fleet Technician
Company: First Vehicle Services
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Fleet Maintenance TechnicianFirst Vehicle Services, a leading
fleet maintenance provider in North America, is now hiring an
Entry-Level Fleet Technician I for The City of Port St. Lucie!Our
fleet consists ofLight & Midsize Trucks such as Ford F-250, F-350,
& F450First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages of $20 - $22.24 are based on experience &
qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmission clutches, and other repairs under direct
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor
approval where required.
- Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.Fleet
Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.Apply today to join our team!First
Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leader in
fleet maintenance providing services to governments, school
districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private
organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and fire
apparatus to light, medium, and heavy-duty units, marked and
unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction
equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert
maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.FirstGroup is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed
to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Port St. Lucie , Automotive Fleet Technician, Professions , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!