Patient Care Coordinator L&D
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: November 8, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Patient Care CoordinatorLabor and Delivery--Full Time Night Shift
0.9 FTESt. Lucie Medical CenterPort St. Lucie, Florida--
Sign on bonus offered to qualified candidates!
Facility Description:St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute
care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a
Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided
quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts
of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated
employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare
facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a
full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac
catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques,
digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care
and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center,
accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction
Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee.
Additionally, SLMC is--home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and
Orthopedic & Spine Institute.--St. Lucie Medical Center is a member
of the nation---s leadingprovider of healthcare services, Hospital
Corporation of America. Historically HCAhas been named one of
Ethisphere---s World---s Most Ethical Companies. Join ourtradition
Benefits:We offer you anexcellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO,
medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employeediscount program, and employee stock
Description:The PCC Nurse supervises nursing service activities in
assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in
the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of
this position include:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues
that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to
include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the
following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Current licensure as an RN or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS,
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience.
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.Notice Our Company---s recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
contact us email@example.com
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Patient Care Coordinator L&D, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!