Patient Care Coordinator L&D
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: October 13, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Patient Care Coordinator
Labor and Delivery
Full Time Night Shift 0.9 FTE
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, Florida
Sign on bonus offered to qualified candidates!
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint
Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983,
SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast
community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians
and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the
most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St.
Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a
birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care,
minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and
vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified
Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain
Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for
Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC ishome to the only Senior-Friendly
ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most
Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
The PCC Nurse supervises nursing service activities in assigned
nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the
absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of
this position include:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues
that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to
include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the
following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Current licensure as an RN or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS,
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience.
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Port St. Lucie , Patient Care Coordinator L&D, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!