Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Ultrasound TechnologistImaging Dept. FT 11p-7a (FTE 1.0)
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL -- Facility Description:
St. Lucie is a 229 bed acute-care, full service medical center and
a leading provider of quality affordable health care. Because we
believe in "Quality, Excellence and Commitment," we deliver the
very best medical care with our state of the art medical
technologies. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive
benefits program that allows you to select the options that best
meet the individual needs of you and your family.
St. Lucie has also been voted as a top five ---Destination Hospital
for Nurses.--- With a team-oriented approach and ample opportunity
for career growth, we think you'll find St. Lucie Medical Center
offers the ideal atmosphere for your skills and talents. -- St.
Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation---s leading provider
of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks
on Fortune---s list of Most Admired Companies. In addition, HCA has
also been named one of Ethisphere---s World---s Most Ethical
Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
Benefits We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Job Description: The Ultrasound Tech performs diagnostic
sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various
modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent
anatomical, pathological and functional data.-- The position's
tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of
- Produces diagnostic images using Doppler, abdominal or
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to
organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their
- Keys test data and patient information into computer to
maintain record of test results.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing
computerized documentation systems.--
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in
performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. -- -- --Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultra
- Registered --ARDMS (Abdominal and/or OB/GYN)-- or ARRT (R)
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support with AHA.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Ultrasound Technologist, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!