Patient Care Assistant (PCA) Progressive Care
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Progressive Care Unit PRN FTE
0.1St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
Facility Description:--St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute
care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a
Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided
quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts
of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated
employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare
facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a
full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac
catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques,
digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care
and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center,
accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction
Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee.
Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and
Orthopedic & Spine Institute. ----St. Lucie Medical Center is a
member of the nation---s leading provider of healthcare services,
Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named
one of Ethisphere---s World---s Most Ethical Companies. Join our
tradition of excellence!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase
program.--Working under the supervision of a nursing, the--CNA
performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for
the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks
and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal
- Serves and collects food trays.-- Assists with patient
- Transports, positions-- and drapes patients for exams and
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.--
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications Required Job Qualifications
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant training
- State certification as a CNA
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Patient Care Assistant (PCA) Progressive Care, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!