Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: September 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered NurseBehavioral HealthPRN .001 FTE--St. Lucie Medical
Port St. Lucie, FL--Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing
Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to
the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350
skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have
resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in
Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of
services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital
mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and
hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care
and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home
to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World Most
Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
Description:The Mental Health (Psychiatric) RN manages the nursing
care of patients in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. --The
tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial
assessment according to accepted standards of nursing
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.--
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in
planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions
appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and
conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises
nursing plan of care as needed.--
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals,
objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.--
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.--------Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or--
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions).
- Current BLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider--(American
- CPI Certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Acute psychiatric nursing experience is preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.--
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!