Lead Quality Inspector
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job Profile and Description:
Lead Quality Inspector will provide associates with objectives and
standards specifying results to be achieved. The Lead will provide
tools, training and support as needed. Provide a motivating climate
supportive of each team member becoming fully competent.
Responsible for setting up and inspecting aerospace components
utilizing CMM and bench plate equipment. Parts will be inspected to
engineering drawings, customer purchase orders, industry standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to demonstrate leadership capabilities
Display and promote teamwork and effective communication within the
Quality department, and the company as a whole.
Provide employee coaching and development.
Develops, trains and involves employees in maintaining and
improving departmental efficiency, productivity, quality, safety,
cooperation and morale.
Plans, organizes and leads shift operations in accordance with
production schedules and requirements in the most cost-effective
Responsible for process control in area of responsibility.
Maintains awareness of policies and procedures and assures
compliance by assigned employees.
Ensures that through-put and target earned hours are attained and
budget criteria is met or exceeded.
Provides input for performance appraisals.
Participates in interviews and hires (recommends for hire)
Ensure that all employees work in a safe manner and that employees
are properly trained in all safety procedures.
Ensure good housekeeping practices are consistently followed.
Operate CMM machine using established programs, as well as creating
new programs using Calypso software.
* Perform dimensional inspection on product using CMM, calipers,
micrometers and height gauges.
* Perform visual and dimensional inspection on product per
* Perform first piece inspection and in-process inspections.
* Maintain lot integrity.
* Ensure all First Article Inspection (FAI) packages are properly
* Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and
procedures, while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work
* Must participate in required training, medical monitoring,
safety, and health evaluations and programs.
* Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all
designated areas of facility.
* *Perform all physical functions of position; standing, stooping,
bending, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, turning and lifting
of materials up to 35 lbs.
* Meet established attendance standards.
* Work overtime as needed.
* Must report any work-related injury or illness immediately to
your direct supervisor.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrate a commitment to quality and the quality process.
Completes assignments in an accurate and thorough manner.
Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply Lean ,
TOC , interference management and NEI processes in area of
Demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply PCC
budgeting process and financial management tools.
Exemplifies a fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply the PCC
Indicates fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply the PCC
manufacturing processes in area of responsibility.
* Meet ASQR-01 eye examination requirements.
* Report up through the quality organization.
* Strong background concerning the usage and care of precision
measuring tools and equipment.
* Ability to effectively read and understand blueprints,
engineering documents, purchase orders, inspection manuals and
* Strong metrology, blueprint reading, and GD&T interpretation
* Must be familiar with AS9102 Form and First Article Inspection
* Must have practical experience performing in-process and final
* Demonstrates an understanding of related aerospace ISO and AS
* Must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools,
such as micrometers and calipers.
* Maintain accuracy and attention to detail at all times and
complete tasks in a timely manner.
* Knowledge of dimensional, visual and mechanical inspection
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out work
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Deal with
issues involving several concrete variables in standardized
* Ability to work with little supervision and make intuitive
decisions when general instruction is given.
* Ability to work effectively with others in a team
Bachelors in Engineering or Business strongly preferred.
High school plus college level courses or equivalent training in
accounting, mathematics and statistics or equivalent experience
Experience with LEAN manufacturing and 6S (SIX SIGMA) certification
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and
easily adapt to
changing situations and priorities.
Requires that the incumbent be organized, self-motivated individual
who can work
independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team
Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
Excellent verbal and written communication skills or the ability to
develop the skills
Computer literate, particularly in spreadsheet; financial;
inventory and production
planning and tracking applications.
Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in
conformance with action
COMPLETION OF AND ABILITY TO APPLY INFORMATION FROM HAZARDOUS
TRAINING REQUIRED DUE TO POTENTIAL COORDINATION OF HAZARDOUS
HANDLING IN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, twist, turn, talk, and/or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, kneel, stoop, bend,
and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision
abilities are required for this job, including but not limited to
close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer
committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job
categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Port St. Lucie , Lead Quality Inspector, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!