Environmental Associate Per Diem
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: April 14, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing
Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to
the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350
skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have
resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in
Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of
services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital
mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and
hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care
and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home
to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical
Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND
PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
JOB SUMMARY: The EVS Team Member works under the direction of EVS
Management and performs the following general duties as
* Provides cleaning services as directed with consideration for
Patients, their family and friends
* Demonstrates understanding and respect for the personal dignity
and values of all patients and visitors
* Ensures compliance with all required process and procedural
* Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures,
* Maintains a clean and safe patient environment at all times
* Promotes efficient performance of all the EVS required
* Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures
related to the housekeeping function.
* Reads, understands and follows manufacturer's directions,
complies with MSDS requirements, and follows Supervisor's,
Director's or manufacturer's representative's additional
directions, as appropriate for all chemicals and equipment used,
both for personal safety, the safety of others and the protection
of objects being cleaned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Two years' experience providing environmental services in a
healthcare environment preferred.
· Ability to read, write and converse in English required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Adaptability - Effectively adapts to work within new work
structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
· Energy - Maintains high levels of activity or productivity;
sustaining long working hours when necessary;
· Empathy - Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing
stress and loss to reduce tension
· Stress Tolerance - Maintains stable performance under pressure
Communication - Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely
with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
· Customer Engagement - Able to effectively engage with patients
and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation
for cleanliness during their stay
SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing
human blood and body fluids
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Environmental Associate Per Diem, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!