Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Join Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital's team of caregivers
that provide top-quality patient care to the communities in and
around Port St. Lucie. Opening its doors in 2013 and expanding in
2017, this state-of-the-art acute care facility has 177 patient
rooms and offers services in a wide variety of specialties to meet
community needs. You'll be supported as you follow your dreams and
find where you belong, here at Tradition Hospital.As a Patient
Transporter, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional
service to our patients as you will be playing an essential role in
helping them receive the care they need. Patient transporters
quickly become familiar with all areas of the hospital while
leaving lasting impressions on our patients and visitors. Your
primary duties will include, but are not limited to transporting
patients through the hospital, helping patients stay safe and calm
during transport, lifting and transferring patients and using
devices such as wheelchairs and stretchers.The ideal candidate is
- Thrives in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Is punctual, professional and reliable.
- Manages their time efficiently.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.This is an
excellent opportunity for someone to gain hands-on experience in
Cleveland Clinic's Tradition Hospital and build a rewarding
career.Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
- Transports patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support
areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds as requested, including
patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips and special
- Transfers patients to or from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers,
- Transports patients during discharge to hospital lobby and
- Ensures proper oxygen levels in tanks before transporting
- Approaches and offers assistance to patients and visitors in
the hospital environment.
- Communicates to nursing personnel, clinicians, technicians or
reception regarding patient's arrival and departure.
- Verifies and confirms standard precautions and correct patient
identification by comparing information from pager and patient
wristband to obtain correct medical chart and verify proper mode of
- Disinfects and maintains equipment throughout the hospital.
Performs environmental and safety checks then documents
- Identifies malfunctioning ambulatory equipment and reports it
to the appropriate department for repair or replacement.
- Moves and delivers equipment and linen carts to the appropriate
staging area and depots.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- High School Diploma or GED.Complexity of Work:
- Requires organizational, decisive judgment, problem solving,
communications, good customer service skills and the ability
- work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate actions as needed.Work
- After selection and placement, requires three months on-the-job
training and orientation to learn multiple hospital and clinic
- locations, special procedures and patient emergency and safety
procedures, proper body mechanics necessary to safely move
- patients.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling of
patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal
- Requires working with some exposure to communicable
- Heavy work-exerting 50 to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or
25 to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or 10 to 20 lbs. of
- constantly to move objects.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to
be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans /
Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Port St. Lucie , Patient Transporter, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!