Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a Pathologist Assistant you want with your current employer? We
have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA
Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Pathologist Assistant where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and
- Responsible for the organization of and efficiency of workflow
processes in the frozen section and gross examination areas.
- Work closely with on-site Pathologists in determining grossing
- Take instruction from on-site Pathologists with respect to
grossing technique and quality assessment.
- Confer with and share with other HCA pathologist assistant's
relevant information that would facilitate productivity and expand
- Triage specimen received from surgery; dictate gross findings
on selected specimen using appropriate terminology; refer tissue
sections for microscopic review by Pathologist or Resident.
- Select and identify tissue for microscopic study; determine
proper fixative solutions in which tissue will be maintained.
- Perform specialized procedures such as frozen sections and
decalcification; maintain and coordinate specimen and records for
specialized procedures using appropriate protocols; submit request
for special histological procedures and special stains when
- Maintain records of surgical pathology specimen dissections and
dictation; assist in the compilation of reports for surgical
pathology; label and store gross tissue specimen.
- Photograph specimen samples as appropriate for use in
instruction and documentation. Perform photo microscopy on cases
considered for interdepartmental conferences or for teaching
purposes; maintain complete and accurate records of all gross and
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement".EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters preferred.EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum three to five years' experience in a pathology
histology laboratory setting.
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).Physician Services
Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care
operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate
medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and
170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare's graduate medical
education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional
resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out
value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver
patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment
to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Pathologist Assistant opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Port St. Lucie , Pathologist Assistant, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!