SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN)
Progressive Care Unit
PRN 0.001 FTE
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has
continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community.
We offer a full range of services including a birthing center,
cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center,
minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular
surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in
orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality
care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated
by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology
accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at
the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square
are designed with consideration for special populations such as
pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a
vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing
stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the people who
live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great
location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team
here at St Lucie Medical Center.
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
* FL RN Licensure, or
* Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
* Current BLS and ACLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider
(American Heart Association)
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.