Company: Carlisle Construction Materials
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 13, 2020
Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM), is a worldwide leading
diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related
technology. We've been around since 1917. In just the past six
years, our company has grown by nearly 70%. With this expediated
growth, we are looking to expand our team and help these
individuals thrive within our organization!
If you love a good challenge, you'll fit right in.
We are looking for a Metal Fabricator to join our plant in Port St
Lucie, FL. In our manufacturing facilities, we value continuous
learning, innovation and safety. We want this career to benefit you
and we will do as much as we can to develop you professionally. The
Metal Fabricator will inspect, operate and adjust machines and
equipment. Specifically, this person will operate a roofing panel
roll former and brake equipment. The Metal Fabricator will work 1st
shift, however the hours could vary depending on the day. This is a
M-F position with occasional weekend shifts.
Hourly rate: $16.00- $20.00
Shift: 1st, 8-5pm
Occasional Weekend Shifts
- Operate roofing panel roll former and brake equipment at shop
and in the field
- Sets up and operates all functions of assigned
- Makes adjustments to machine settings for various material
thicknesses, clamp placements and work order requirements
- Inspects parts using tools such as tape measures, scales,
calipers and various computerized measuring devices. Must read and
complete production orders
- Arranges parts as needed for production. Must place raw stock,
partially completed work, and completed jobs to appropriate storage
or production areas
- Record machinery operation variances from normal settings and
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on machinery and
- Perform visual safety checks for machine wear, damage to
tooling and correct positioning of safety guards
- Assists other machine operators as required. May assist other
departments, with warehouse and production work
- Employee is expected to follow all safety regulations, keep
work area in a clean and orderly condition, and wear appropriate
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the assigned
- Must have or willing to acquire a Class-A CDL Driver's
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Operate forklift
- Operate power tools, drills, saw, nail guns etc.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience within the metal industry
If you have any of these, that would be even better!
- Metal roofing knowledge
- 3 years of experience in architectural metal fabrication
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for 8 to 10 hours a day
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
When you join CCM, you'll become part of a team that looks out for
you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work. We think
we've got something pretty special here, and our employees seem to
Employees also enjoy some of these great benefits!
Time off -- Hard work should be rewarded. You'll receive paid
vacation and a generous amount of paid holidays.
Healthcare -- We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits
your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
Retirement Fund -- Save for your retirement with a traditional or
Roth 401k. We'll match a portion of your contribution starting on
your first day of work.
Training -- We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer
dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
Tuition Reimbursement -- Ready to get the degree? We'll pick up 90%
of your tuition cost.
Idea Teams -- You can be part of helping us solve some of our
toughest challenges or developing the next break-through
Unlimited Coffee -- Caffeine fuels some of the best ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Carlisle Construction Materials, Port St. Lucie , Metal Fabricator, Other , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!