Registered Nurse (RN) Recovery Room (PACU)
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: October 13, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
**Sign On Bonus Available for Qualified Candidates!
Registered Nurse, PACU, Full-Time (.9 FTE), Days
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing
Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to
the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350
skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have
resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in
Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of
services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital
mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and
hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care
and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home
to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
Historically, HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most
Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
The PACU RN provides nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure
and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS, ACLS & PALS certifications as a Healthcare
Provider (American Heart Association).
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Recovery Room (PACU), Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!