Registered Nurse (RN) Labor and Delivery
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
RN, L&D, FT, Days, 0.9 FTE St. Lucie Medical Center Port St.
Lucie, FL Sign on bonus / relocation assistance available to
qualifying candidates...inquire with Recruiter Facility
Description: St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care
facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top
Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided
quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts
of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated
employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare
facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a
full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac
catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques,
digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care
and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center,
accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction
Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee.
Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and
Orthopedic & Spine Institute. St. Lucie Medical Center is a member
of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital
Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's
World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join
our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous
compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including:
vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. The L&D RN provides
direct nursing care in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks
and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications Required Job Qualifications
- Current licensure as a FL RN
- Current certification as a BLS/ACLS/NRP Healthcare
- Fetal Monitoring
- Previous L&D experience required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!