Registered Nurse (RN) Orthopedics
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered NurseOrthopedics Full Time Day Shift 0.9 FTESt. Lucie
Medical CenterPort St. Lucie, Florida
Sign on bonus offered to qualified candidates!
Facility Description: St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute
care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a
Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided
quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts
of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated
employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare
facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a
full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac
catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques,
digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care
and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center,
accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction
Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee.
Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and
Orthopedic & Spine Institute. St. Lucie Medical Center is a member
of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital
Co rporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of
Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Description: The Orthopedic & Spine Institute RN provides direct
nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures
and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications
- Current Florida RN Licensure or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current certification in BLS Healthcare Provider
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new
- Customer service abilities including effective listening and
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- A bility to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Motivated team player with a flexible attitude and willingness
to contribute as needed
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Orthopedics, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!