Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy Full Time Days
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
**Sign On Bonus Available for Qualified Candidates! Registered
Nurse, Endoscopy Unit, Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Days
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing
Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to
the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350
skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have
resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in
Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of
services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital
mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and
hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care
and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home
to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nations leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
HCA has been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies
for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
Benefits:We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and
Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Position Description: The Endoscopy RN provides nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient before, during and after the procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing endoscopic
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors
- Assists physician during examination and procedures.
- Coordinates the procedure room with respect to sterility,
cleanliness, availability of functioning endoscopic equipment and
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications Position Qualifications:
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current BLS & ACLS certification as a Healthcare Provider
(American Heart Association).
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: HCA., Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy Full Time Days, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!