Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department Full Time Days
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: April 13, 2019
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
RN, ED, FT Days (.9 FTE)
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
Sign on bonus / relocation assistance may be available to qualified
RNs...Inquire with Recruiter
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing
Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to
the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350
skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have
resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in
Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of
services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital
mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and
hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care
and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home
to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical
Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and
Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS, ACLS, PALS Healthcare
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Previous ED experience preferred
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department Full Time Days, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!