Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Behavioral Health PRN
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: March 15, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
LCSW, Behavioral Health Unit, PRN
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Social Worker is responsible for assessing the psychological, social, cultural and/or financial needs that impact the patient's health and recovery. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
* Utilizes social services, counseling and clinical knowledge in the assessment of patient needs
* Responsible and accountable for coordination of services through an interdisciplinary process which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care and balances individually identified patients and family needs with the efficacious and cost effective utilization of resources.
* Through concurrent case management, patients will be assessed to determine appropriateness of admission, continued hospitalization, as well as appropriate level of care.
* Assesses and reassesses discharge planning needs throughout the course of hospitalization.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
QUALIFICATIONS POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor Degree in Social Work required, Master of Social Work preferred
* State of Florida LCSW
* Current BLS certification (American Heart Association) as a Healthcare Provider
* 1-3 years behavioral health experience preferred
* Previous social work experience in an acute care setting preferred.
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Behavioral Health PRN, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!