Registered Nurse (RN) Wound Care Unit Full Time Days
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center - Treasure Coast
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 13, 2019
**Sign On Bonus Available for Qualified Candidates!
Registered Nurse, Wound Care, Full-Time (.8 FTE), Days
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Wound Care nurse organizes and manages the care of patients within the facility with specific care needs related to the integumentary, gastrointestinal and genitourinary systems. This includes demonstrating clinical expertise in undertaking accurate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for patients with complex wounds, ostomies and continence disorders. The Wound Care nurse will also serve as a clinical resource to other nursing staff and be prepared to function in the roles of educator and leader.
- When appropriate, assist with preoperative preparation of patient undergoing stoma placement, including site selection and education.
- Maintains current WOCN certification and participates in continuing education programs relative to this specialty.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records and documentation of activities and statistical reports.
- Develop and maintain a formulary of supplies for the management of wounds, ostomy and continence disorders that incorporates product evaluations, cost-effectiveness comparisons and outcomes quality.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience in the acute care setting
- Wound Care experience and/or certification (WOCN) preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center - Treasure Coast, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Wound Care Unit Full Time Days, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!