Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/PCT) - Cardio PRN
Company: Fawcett Memorial Hospital
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: October 23, 2018
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. Celebrating over 40 years of providing quality healthcare to Charlotte County, our mission is to make each patient encounter an opportunity to heal, with care, and compassion and with dedication to excellence. Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service acute care hospital serving Charlotte County and the surrounding areas since 1975. Clinical specialties include 24-hour emergency care center, a comprehensive ACoS CoC accredited cancer program, Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence, accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Joint Commission certified Orthopedic and Spine Center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, state-of-the-art cardiovascular surgery program, sports & rehabilitation services, and many outpatient programs.
We are proud to be joined by over 350 of the area's most respected physicians. Fawcett has received the America's Top 100 Hospital recognition by Healthgrades for 2015 which puts the facility in the top 2" in the nation for clinical excellence. What does all of this mean to you? It means that right here in Charlotte County, you have access to one of the best hospitals in the area.
The PCT performs a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT's training, competence and skills, hospital policies and procedures and the State Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient care environment.
Under the supervision of the RN, performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one's training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
- Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes
- Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD)
- Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing. Correctly labels all lab specimens
Consistently assists with maintaining a safe patient environment to include:
- Addressing identified hazards in the physical environment of the patient room to prevent patient falls
- Hand hygiene and consistent use of standard precautions
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate following transmission based precautions procedures
- Communicates timely and accurate information for delegated patient care activities performed to include observed patient response to performed activities to the assigned RN in a written or verbal format following hand-off communication guidelines.
- Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulation, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely
- May retrieve medication from pharmacy, medication storage room or tube system and deliver to a licensed staff member. Assists with the cleaning of equipment
- Assists with orientation of new personnel as directed.
- Must learn and comply with facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
- 1 year(s) of experience in previous PCT experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
- CNA certification with the State of Florida
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health.
Keywords: Fawcett Memorial Hospital, Port St. Lucie , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/PCT) - Cardio PRN, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!