Medical Technologist II Full-time, Days/Evenings
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: September 22, 2018
Integrated Regional Laboratories
Medical Technologist II Full-time (1.0 FTE), Days/Evenings
St. Lucie Medical CenterPort St. Lucie, FL
Are you looking for a new challenge? Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network.
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Do you want to be a part of the most successful healthcare company in the world? Apply today!
Because we believe in quality, excellence and dedication, we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies. We offer a competitive salary and a phenomenal benefits package that allows you to select the options that best meet the individual needs of you and your family. Our benefits include 401k, paid leave, medical, dental, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment program.
The Medical Technologist performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. This role is essential in ensuring the best care for our patients.
What you would do in this job:
- You process specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- You will perform quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- You will verify analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- You will work with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- You will serve as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You should have:
- A license as a Technologist in the state of FL in areas of: Blood Bank/Immunohematology, Chemistry and Hematology
- An Associate degree in Science field required
- Post Graduate Degree in Medical Technology is very helpful
- Minimum 3 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is needed
- Critical thinking skills, significant judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment.
- We look for strong team work and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Medical Technologist II Full-time, Days/Evenings, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!