Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Nurse Lead Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: September 19, 2018
Clinical Nurse Leader, PCU, Full-Time / Exempt Status (1.0 FTE), Days (M - F)
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute. St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) is a generalist prepared at the Master's degree level. The CNL role involves the holistic knowing of patients, enhanced communication among caregivers and lateral integration of care. The CNL should possess a specialized knowledge in care coordination and is accountable for the delivery of care and the care environment. In addition to a generalist preparation, the CNL shall possess enhanced clinical skills in a unit setting and is responsible for a group of patients in that setting. The CNL collaborates with a mix of staff ranging from RNs, LPNs and PCAs. The CNL shall establish a strong partnership with the mix of staff to deliver optimal care ensuring safety and quality outcomes with 24 hour patient accountability for the care provided. The CNL shall abide by the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and comply with the Florida Nurse Practice Act in the overall performance of his/her role. National CNL certification is preferred. Position Qualifications:
- Current FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current certification as a BLS & ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Master's Degree w/CNL Certification
- 3 - 5 years RN acute care experience, including Charge experience
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Nurse Lead Progressive Care Unit (PCU), Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!