Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $34-46 per hour
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: May 23, 2023
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ED -
Emergency Department for a nursing job in Port St Lucie,
Florida.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Mixed (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionDo you currently have an
opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000
sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions
every year, nurses at HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital have the
opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Emergency Room RN you
can be a part of change.BenefitsHCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock
your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your
personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of
nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an)
Emergency Room RN. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary
and QualificationsPosition Summary: The Emergency Department RN
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications for Position:
- FL RN Licensure, or recognized Compact Licensure (subject to
Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to
ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current certification as a BLS, ACLS, PALS--Healthcare Provider
within 30 days
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital is a 229-bed acute care
facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, HCA
Florida St. Lucie Hospital has provided quality care to the
Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services
including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer
care, and breast center. We offer minimally-invasive and robotic
surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine
Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment. This ensures
patients have access to high-quality care. HCA Florida St. Lucie
Hospital is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, and an American
College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. The Emergency
Room at the main hospital and the freestanding ER at Darwin Square
are designed with consideration for special populations such as
pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant
mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, and
abundant open space. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a
great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our
team at HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that
leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our
Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Emergency
Room RN opening. Submit your application today and help advance the
practice of nursing.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.HCA
Florida Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-940507. Posted job title:
Emergency Room RNBenefits
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Port St. Lucie , Staff - Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $34-46 per hour, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...