Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Management - $15-18 per hour
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 24, 2023
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Case
Management for a nursing job in Port St Lucie, Florida.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Case Management
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: days, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Days (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionAre you passionate about the
patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring
for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Case Management Assistant today
with HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital.BenefitsHCA Florida St. Lucie
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Case Management Assistant. We care for
our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues
donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply
Today!Case Management AssistantCase Management DepartmentPart-Time,
Day Shift (Rotating Weekends), .50 FTEHCA Florida St. Lucie
HospitalPort St. Lucie, FL Job Description: The Case Management
Assistant (CMA) will work under the direction of the RN Case
Manager or Social Worker to assist with facilitating patient
discharges requiring post-acute placement or services, and will
identify and report barriers to discharges. He/she will coordinate
timely referrals and facilitate payor authorizations where
applicable. The CMA will also supply support in areas that do not
require licensed personnel. Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with RN Case Manager and Social Worker for support
needed. Communicates updates on progress throughout the day. Refers
patient questions back to the case manager/social worker.
- Provides clerical support of multidisciplinary rounds,
including updating NATE Tempo at direction of team.
- Makes referrals through the web-based referral system (nH
Discharge/Other) to the specific post-acute care (PAC) providers
requested. Includes sending the appropriate packet of information
from the medical record required for the level of care.
- Makes appointments for outpatient hemodialysis.
- Monitors all patients with PAC referrals and intervenes to
- Prioritizes workload to ensure a timely contact and
intervention with PAC settings.
- Sends additional information to PAC provider when
- Communicates with RN Case Managers/Social Workers regarding the
status of PAC referrals, bed availability, and other barriers that
cannot be resolved
- Communicates results of PAC referrals with the patient,
including having the Patient Choice letter signed.
- Monitors Medicare patient's planned discharge dates and
delivers the Important Medicare Message (IMM) to the patient per
- Delivers the Beneficiary Notice to patients identified as being
in the BPCI-A program (Bundle Payment hospitals only).
- Obtains physician signature on required case management
- Based on facility practice; sets up transportation/sends
information to Transfer Center and generates discharge packets for
- Utilizes Case Management systems, standards, and
- Maintains knowledge of and actively develops relationships with
PAC providers and payers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics
and Compliance policies.
- Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" and "Mission and
Value Statement.". Qualifications:
- Associate Degree Preferred
- Medical knowledge and terminology Required
- Minimum of two years experience a health care setting
- Currently licensed/certified as a health care professional
(CNA, EMT) preferred This role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital is a 229-bed acute care
facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, HCA
Florida St. Lucie Hospital has provided quality care to the
Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services
including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer
care, and breast center. We offer minimally-invasive and robotic
surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine
Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment. This ensures
patients have access to high-quality care. HCA Florida St. Lucie
Hospital is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, and an American
College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. The Emergency
Room at the main hospital and the freestanding ER at Darwin Square
are designed with consideration for special populations such as
pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant
mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, and
abundant open space. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a
great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our
team at HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Case Management Assistant opening. We promptly review
all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.HCA Florida Healthcare Job ID
#1-INFOR-573313. Pay package is based on None hour shifts and None
hours per week (subject to confirmation). Posted job title: Case
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Management - $15-18 per hour, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!