Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $30-38 per hour
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 24, 2023
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med
Surg for a nursing job in Port St Lucie, Florida.Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: days, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Days (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionDo you have the career
opportunities as a(an) Med Surg RN you want in your current role?
We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at
work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital which is
a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital!Job Summary and
QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY: The Medical Surgical RN provides
direct nursing care in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks
and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current FL RN Licensure or Recognized Compact Licensure
(subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not
limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider ;-- or must
be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 poundsThis role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital is a 229-bed acute care
facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, HCA
Florida St. Lucie Hospital has provided quality care to the
Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services
including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer
care, and breast center. We offer minimally-invasive and robotic
surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine
Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment. This ensures
patients have access to high-quality care. HCA Florida St. Lucie
Hospital is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, and an American
College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. The Emergency
Room at the main hospital and the freestanding ER at Darwin Square
are designed with consideration for special populations such as
pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant
mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, and
abundant open space. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a
great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our
team at HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Med Surg RN
opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be
contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.HCA Florida Healthcare
Job ID #1-INFOR-565398. Pay package is based on None hour shifts
and None hours per week (subject to confirmation). Posted job
title: Med Surg RNBenefits
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $30-38 per hour, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!