RN Resident - Observation Unit - Nurse Resident
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: November 22, 2022
RN Resident - Observation UnitJoin the Cleveland Clinic team,
where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide
patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as the No.
4 hospital in the nation, according to the U.S. and World News
Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and
dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and
build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare
organizations in the world.
A Registered Nurse is responsible for understanding complicated
medical histories, advanced surgical procedures, pain modalities
and thorough nutritional support. Your primary duties will
* Providing direct nursing care.
* Monitoring, recording, and communicating patients' conditions as
* Preparing patient care plans.
* Administering prescribed medications.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
* Is a team player.
* Has excellent communication skills.
* Can adapt to change.
* Has an interest in growing leadership skills.
* Can critically think and problem solve for patients' best
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to join
a supportive team and willing to learn new skills. Cleveland Clinic
will assist you by offering tuition reimbursement and
cross-training for professional development. In addition, this
department allows caregivers to self-schedule.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
* Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
* Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care and/or interventions.
* Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
* Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
* Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
* Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
* Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others
considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
* Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
* Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
* Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
* Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
* Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
* ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
* If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
* If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
* In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
* Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled
nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
* Will consider licensed military RN experience.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
* Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
* Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Port St. Lucie , RN Resident - Observation Unit - Nurse Resident, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!