RN Hospital / Labor & Delivery - Night Shift 7PM-730AM - Labor and Delivery
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: November 22, 2022
RN Hospital / Labor & Delivery - Night Shift 7PM-730AMJoin
Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital's team of caregivers that
provide top-quality patient care to the communities in and around
Port St. Lucie. Opening its doors in 2013 and expanding in 2017,
this state-of-the-art acute care facility has 177 patient rooms and
offers services in a wide variety of specialties to meet community
needs. You'll be supported as you follow your dreams and find where
you belong, here at Tradition Hospital.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Labor & Delivery Unit, you will
be responsible for providing direct nursing care, monitoring
patients' health, assessing patients' pain levels, administering
medication and maintaining up-to-date patient records. On this
nursing team, you will feel supported and appreciated for the
knowledge you have to share, have access to our advanced technology
and research to ensure all patients receive world-class care and
make meaningful differences in patients' lives every day.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
* Provides care with compassion, empathy and positivity.
* Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
* Thrives in a team environment.
* Can critically think and problem solve for patients' best
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
* Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
* Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care and/or interventions.
* Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
* Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
* Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
* Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
* Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others
considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
* Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
* Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
* Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
* Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
* Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
* ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
* If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
* If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
* In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
* Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled
nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
* Will consider licensed military RN experience.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
* Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
* Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Port St. Lucie , RN Hospital / Labor & Delivery - Night Shift 7PM-730AM - Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!