RN, field visits Martin/St Lucie county - Med Surg
Company: Chapters Health System
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: November 20, 2022
RN, field visits Martin/St Lucie countyIt's fun to work in a
company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
The Hospice RN is responsible for assessing and identifying
patient/family needs, utilizing the nursing process, coordinating
the Plan of Care with the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), and
providing palliative and supportive care to the patient/family
unit. The RN utilizes nursing interventions and teaching skills to
maximize patient comfort and to enhance the quality of life to the
patient/family unit during times of crisis.
* Current Florida license as RN, current active single-state
out-of-state nurse license, or current active multistate/compact
* Minimum one (1) year in-patient nursing or hospice experience for
external candidates; for internal applicants, minimum of 6-months
of LPN experience with hospice/home health within an affiliate
* Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic
Medical/Health Record) system
* Mobile Driver - Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
per Company policy
* Reliable transportation to meet visit schedule
* Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms
* Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and
* Flexible schedule to meet the needs of Hospice House patients
* Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring
for terminally ill patients and their families
* Ability to physically access patient rooms, other areas of the
Hospice House/Hospital/ALF, etc., and any home (i.e., navigate
stairs and narrow spaces, tolerate heat and lack of air
conditioning) within any part of the service area
* Ability to perform the essential functions and physical
requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients
and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job
with or without reasonable accommodation
* Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this
Responsibilities of all employees:
* Represent the Company professionally at all times through care
delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
* Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations,
maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
* Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard
* Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
* Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within the Company.
* Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
* Promote the Company through participation in community and
* Participate proactively in improving performance at the
organizational, departmental and individual levels.
* Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
* Advance electronic media skills.
* Support Company research and educational activities.
* Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
* Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
activities as appropriate for the position.
* Provides and manages direct care to patients and families as part
of Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), incorporating psychosocial,
spiritual, cultural, physical and biological components, and
appropriate nursing intervention and follow-up.
* Coordinates the Plan of Care, ensuring that an individualized
Plan of Care is developed that accurately reflects the patient's
* Educates patient, family, caregivers and other health
professionals about disease process and decline, palliative
interventions, care giving, dying process and safety practices.
* Reports changes in the patient's condition to appropriate members
of the IDG or other health professionals.
* Participates with the IDG to evaluate hospice
referrals/admissions for level of care appropriateness.
* Attends patient deaths; prepares body for transport; oversees
disposal of medications.
* Provides appropriate bereavement interventions to the family and
caregiver in conjunction with psychosocial staff.
* Presents concise and pertinent oral and written reports to IDG;
respects and encourages input from all disciplines.
* Communicates accurately and completely to physicians, staff
members, patients, families, and supervisors; utilizes positive
approaches when working with others.
* Supervises patient care given by other nursing team members
(i.e., LPNs, Hospice Aides, and contract nurses).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Chapters Health System, Port St. Lucie , RN, field visits Martin/St Lucie county - Med Surg, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!