Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse - Dialysis
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Acute Dialysis Registered NurseJob Description Job ID R0013850
Available Openings 2
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The registered professional nurse (CAP RN 1) position is an entry
level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program for
Registered Nurses. The CAP RN 1 is accountable and responsible for
the provision and coordination of clinically competent care
including assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation for an
assigned group of patients.
As a member of the Kidney Disease health care team, the CAP RN 1
participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions,
and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care
outcomes and program operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care and applicable contractual
service policy, procedures, standards of nursing practice, state
and federal regulations.
* Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Program Manager (PM) and with guidance from the Educator, Preceptor
or an Inpatient Services CAP RN 2,3, 4 or 5 for the first 6 months
* Expected to complete requirements to advance to the next
Inpatient CAP level, for which they qualify, within 24 months from
date of hire.
* Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post treatment for assigned patients and
documents in the patient medical record, adjusts or modifies the
treatment plan as indicated and notifies inpatient program manager,
appropriately credentialed physician, patient's primary nurse and
others as may be indicated.
* Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input including but not limited to manager,
appropriate physician, and acute primary nurse.
* Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates with
direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
* Directs and provides safe effective patient care for assigned
patients as prescribed for all modality specific treatment
* Initiates and coordinates communication with FKC and Non-FKC
dialysis providers and appropriate hospital personnel as needed to
provide continuity of patient care.
* Administers medications as prescribed and in accordance with
* Ensures nephrology physician orders for assigned patients are
received and entered in the Medical Record.
* Enters all treatment data into the designated medical record
thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner.
* Performs the implementation, administration, monitoring, and
documentation of patient's response to prescribed intradialytic
transfusions, including appropriate notification of adverse
reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier.
* Ensures familiarity with company, inpatient services program and
contracted provider emergency policy to initiate and assist with
emergency response measures.
* Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
* Monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and
adherence to FKC policy and procedures.
* Promotes infection control, equipment and environmental
* Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
* Instructs hospital/facility staff on aspects of specialized care
related to renal replacement and apheresis therapies.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to update the
nursing assessment and plan of care for assigned patients.
* Initiates, documents, and completes ongoing QAI activities
including monthly reports as directed by manager or designee.
* Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in staff
training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
* Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled.
* May be assigned to assist in an Outpatient facility on an as
* Supports and promotes the FMCNA's mission, vision, values, and
customer service philosophy.
* Performs all other duties as assigned by manager within state,
federal and contractual standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* Areas of practice are diverse, including, but not limited to, the
fields of hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, continuous renal
replacement therapies, and apheresis.
* The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves
heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may
occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and
equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water
solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet. The work environment
is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature
control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and
* May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
* Day to day work includes desk work, computer work and interaction
with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians. The position
requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations
within the community and travel to regional meetings may be
* Position requires participation in on-call rotation. (Night,
Weekend or as defined by individual program needs).
* Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians/LPNs as a
designated Nurse in charge, after the following:
* Successful completion of all FKC education and modality specific
training requirements for new employees plus
* Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as an RN plus
* 6 months experience in dialysis
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Current appropriate state licensure.
* Must meet the practice requirements in all states in which he or
she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Entry level for RNs with less than 2 years of nephrology nursing
experience within the last two years or for RNs with a BSN and less
than 1 year of nephrology nursing experience within the last two
* Minimum of 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse
* Minimum 6 months nephrology experience required before working
independently without a qualified dialysis RN
* 6 months dialysis experience required to be on-call.
* Hemodialysis and/or ICU experience (preferred).
* Successful completion of FKC Education and Training requirements
for new employees.
* Successful completion and maintenance of CPR BLS
* Meet all conditions of employment including Ishihara's Color
* Successful completion of all annual required
* Successful completion of on-going training and education as
assigned or required
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Port St. Lucie , Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse - Dialysis, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!