Clinical Nurse Coord L&D
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE:
Full-time**Sign-On Bonus Available For -Qualified
Candidates!Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Charge Nurse) L&D
-Full-Time (0.9 FTE) -Days -St. Lucie Medical CenterPort St. Lucie,
FL -Facility Description:St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a
229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission.
Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the
Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services
including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer
care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery,
general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute
offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have
access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary
Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and an
American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center.
Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as
the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with
consideration for special populations such as pediatric and
geriatric patients.We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which
attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse
housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the
people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in
a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join
our team here at St Lucie Medical Center.Benefits:We are committed
to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. Lucie
Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision
packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits
package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of
our unique benefits we offer include: ---- - - -Student Loan
Repayment*--- - - -Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*--- -
- -Paid Personal Leave--- - - -401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9%
of pay based on years of service)--- - - -Identity Theft Protection
discounts--- - - -Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options--- - -
-Adoption Assistance--- - - -Employee Stock Purchase Program
(ESPP)**If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR
office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position Position
Description:The -Clinical Nurse Coordinator supervises nursing
service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the
assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. - The task
and responsibilities of this position include:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues
that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to
include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the
following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
healthcare organization. -
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. -
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. -
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (Subject to Florida State
- Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Current BLS, ACLS & PALS Certifications (American Heart
- Association or American Red Cross)
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Previous RN Charge experience preferred
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal
- supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, -reaching, - -squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of
patients and/or equipment up - to 50 pounds.Notice Our Company's
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking -.For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Clinical Nurse Coord L&D, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!