Lab Manager - Day / Tradition
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Describe in general terms, the purpose and scope of this
- Ensures daily operations of all phases of Laboratory work
following the Policies and Procedures of Cleveland Clinic Florida
Campus facilities and the guidelines of regulatory agencies
including, but not limited to, JCAHO, CAP and the State of
- Assumes overall responsibility for the Laboratory in the
absence of the Director or Lab Manager/LIS coordinator.
- Manages the daily operations of the Laboratory.
- Monitors and assesses QA and QC systems.
- Manages the staff and working environment as well as fiscal
- Plans for and participates in employee orientation to required
policies relating to employee competence before he/she is allowed
to test and report results.
- Ensures that the Laboratory is staffed and equipped to provide
timely and accurate results.
- Provides appropriate channels of communications for the receipt
and delivery of incoming and ongoing Laboratory information.
- Supervises Departmental Compliance with Corporate regulatory
standards relating to medical necessity.
- Accepts responsibility for departmental functions and promotes
hospital-wide leadership image.
- Assures responsibility for all phases of Laboratory changes and
related patient billing.
- Complies with all Policies and Procedures that pertain to HIPPA
including the minimum necessary requirements of this job
- Assists the Laboratory Director in the management and
supervision of the laboratory through planning, directing,
coordinating, implementing, controlling, evaluating and improving
the quality of patient care delivered.
- Participates in interdisciplinary teams, committees, or
activities to improve organizational performance and
- Helps maintain section employee files, including new employee
orientation checklists, equipment training checklists, and other
competencies and submits them to the Laboratory Director.
- Other duties as assigned. Education: Bachelor of Science Degree
in one of the Chemical, Physical or Biological Sciences or Bachelor
of Science Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent. Master'
Degree in Laboratory or Health Administration preferred. Languages:
Certifications: Florida license in all specialties. Complexity of
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior,
interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to
respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in
a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to
fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work
environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, including maintenance of required competencies and
- Managerial Responsibilities: Includes overall accountability
for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel
requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Work Experience:
- Six years supervisory experience and training in QA, QC, fiscal
and personnel management and equipment acquisition.
- Physical Requirements:
- This position is primarily mobile in nature. The average amount
of lifting is 10 pounds with occasional carrying of objects up to
20 pounds. Sitting for short periods of time, the ability to file,
move records, laboratory supplies, and equipment also requires
bending and stooping. Communication by means of the spoken, written
and typed word is required. Work requires finger dexterity and eye
hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard at a moderate
- Mental Demands: Ability to work at a fast pace and to
prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous
requests; ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work
collaboratively with department director, physicians and other
members of the Healthcare team; ability to ensure operational
efficiency; ability to problem solve and make decisions; ability to
exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with
multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple
- Special Demands: Use of personal protective equipment is
required as there is a potential for exposure to biohazardous or
infectious agents when drawing and processing specimens.
- Confidentiality: The employee has access to the entire medical
record for the purpose of charting and correcting laboratory
results AND review of physician orders. The access is limited to
the amount reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose of the
laboratory testing request. The disclosure or requests that occur
on a routine or recurring basis include patient demographics,
condition and laboratory results. Personal Protective Equipment:
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as
required for procedures.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Port St. Lucie , Lab Manager - Day / Tradition, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!