Registered Nurse (RN) OR Hold PRN
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemRegistered Nurse, OR
HoldPRN -(0.001 -FTE), Days (Position has "Call")St. -Lucie Medical
CenterPort St. Lucie, FL -Facility Description:St. Lucie Medical
Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the
Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided
quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range
of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive and robotic
surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine
Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring
patients have access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified
Primary Stroke Center, as designated by the Joint Commission, and
an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center.
Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main hospital as well as
the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with
consideration for special populations such as pediatric and
geriatric patients.We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which
attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse
housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic vision of the
people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in
a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join
our team here at St Lucie Medical Center. -Position Description:The
Operating Room Hold RN provides nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization. - The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. -
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS & ACLS Certifications (American Heart Association
or American Red Cross)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.Notice Our Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking -.For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) OR Hold PRN, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!