Registered Nurse (RN) PACU PRN
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemRegistered Nurse,
Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)PRN -(0.001 -FTE), -(Position has
"Call")St. Lucie Medical CenterPort St. Lucie, FL -Facility
Description:St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care
facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie
has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast
community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing
center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center,
minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular
surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in
orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality
care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated
by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology
accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at
the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square
are designed with consideration for special populations such as
pediatric and geriatric patients.We are located in Port St. Lucie,
a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime
rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic
vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a
dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore
opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center. -
-Position -Description:The PACU RN provides nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. - The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure
and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. -
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS, ACLS & PALS Certifications (American Heart
Association or American Red Cross)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- RN PACU &/or Critical Care -experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.Notice Our Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking -.For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) PACU PRN, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!