Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care PRN
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN)Progressive Care UnitPRN 0.001 FTE-St. Lucie
Port St. Lucie, FL-Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has
continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community.
We offer a full range of services including a birthing center,
cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center,
minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular
surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in
orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have access to high-quality
care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as designated
by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology
accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at
the main hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square
are designed with consideration for special populations such as
pediatric and geriatric patients.-We are located in Port St. Lucie,
a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime
rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic
vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a
dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore
opportunities to join our team here at St Lucie Medical Center.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.-
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.-
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.-----Qualifications
- Licensed Registered Nurse in
the state of Florida or-Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to
State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of-Acute Care-Nursing experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds-Notice Our Company's recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking-.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care PRN, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!