Registered Nurse (Pool) - Surgery Center of the Treasure Coast
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Location: US-FL-Port St Lucie# of Openings: 1Category: Per
DiemSystem ID: 12361Overview
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to:
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic & sterile
techniques and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared room for the
patient and procedure.
- Assist in transporting patient to O.R. and checks patient
record for a appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for O.R. records, laboratory
requisitions, and patient chart including medications and physician
- Supervises and assists with the proper, safe positioning of the
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts and
documentation of sa me.
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing-graduate of an
accredited Nursing program
- Current Nursing License Required
- One or more years of Operating Room Experience Required
- Must have American Heart Association basic life support (BLS)
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP, #RegisteredNurse, #HealthcareJobs, #NurseJobs, #MedicalJobs,
#Healthcare, #NurseLife, #RNJobs, #Health, #SCA,
#SurgicalCareAffiliates, #ASC, #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (Pool) - Surgery Center of the Treasure Coast, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!