Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
**Sign-On Bonus Available For--Qualified Candidates!
Registered Nurse, Emergency DepartmentFull-Time (0.9 FTE),
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility
the Joint Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually
care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of
a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast
and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic
Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring
access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary
Stroke Center, as
designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of
accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at
hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are
consideration for special populations such as pediatric and
located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of
people due to
its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and
vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a
dynamic career in
a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join
our team here
at St Lucie Medical Center.
We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary,
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.-- The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications --------
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (Subject to Florida State
---------- including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and
- Current BLS, ACLS & PALS Certifications (American Heart
-------- Association or American Red Cross)
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Previous RN Emergency Department experience preferred
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal
---------- supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting,
---------- kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment
up to 50 pounds.----------------Notice Our Company?s recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!