Laboratory Assistant II
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: October 9, 2020
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
We are seeking a Laboratory Assistant II like you to join our
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) is a full service provider
for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing
hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic
information for patient care. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and
growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
* Perform specimen collection and testing; Process, sort, and
prepare specimens for submission to referral laboratories for
* Perform venipunctures and/or finger-sticks on pediatric,
neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
* Centrifuge and aliquot specimens appropriately
* Prepare specimens for courier pick-up
* Complete chain-of-custody drug collections
* Document specimen problems; take corrective action as
* Monitor and review referred testing
* Review Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending referral
QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE:
* A completed high school diploma or GED
* A vocational/technical diploma
* A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
* 1-3 years of previous experience in a clinical laboratory
* Availability to work during disasters
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune's list of
Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we
have also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical
IF YOU FIND THIS OPPORTUNITY COMPELLING, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY
TODAY. WE PROMPTLY REVIEW ALL APPLICATIONS, AND ARE ACTIVELY
INTERVIEWING. WE ARE VERY EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Laboratory Assistant II, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!