RN / Registered Nurse / Florida / Any / Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health Job
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: February 5, 2020
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered NurseBehavioral HealthPRN .001 FTE St. Lucie Medical
Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing
Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to
the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350
skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have
resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in
Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of
services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital
mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and
hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care
and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home
to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World Most
Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
Description:The Mental Health (Psychiatric) RN manages the nursing
care of patients in accordance with established policies,
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks
and responsibilities include:
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial
assessment according to accepted standards of nursing
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in
planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions
appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and
conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises
nursing plan of care as needed.
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals,
objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions).
- Current BLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider (American
- CPI Certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Acute psychiatric nursing experience is preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds. Notice Our Company's recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking .For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA., Port St. Lucie , RN / Registered Nurse / Florida / Any / Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health Job, Healthcare , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!