Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse, Case Manager Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Days
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL Facility Description:
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing
Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to
the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350
skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have
resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in
Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of
services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital
mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and
hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care
and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home
to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most
Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We
offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Position Description: The RN Case Manager works with physicians and
other members of the multidisciplinary team to develop a plan for
each patient from admission to discharge. The tasks and
- Performs continuous assessments and evaluations to ensure
patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
- Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating
efforts of other team members.
- Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient
- Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress
and discharge planning needs.
- Performs utilization review ensuring admissions meet criteria
for appropriateness of care and medical necessity.
- Manages the process to review and, as appropriate, appeal
denials received from payors.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement
of all members of the healthcare team. Counsels with patients and
family members in decision making and in meeting psycho social
needs of the patient.
- Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to
patients and family members.
- Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate
smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Compiles, evaluates, and reports statistics to members of the
team and utilizes the information to facilitate process improvement
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provision)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred
- CCM preferred
- Minimum 5 years of clinical nursing experience
- Knowledge of CMS guidelines and experience working with payor
specific guidelines and contractual rules preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision meeting firm deadlines
- Assertive and persuasive communication skills, action
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager, Executive , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!