Manager Nutrition Services
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: November 15, 2023
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports the delivery of excellent nutritional care to patients by
providing supervision, training, direction, guidance and support to
facility dietitians in an assigned area. Acts as a resource and
subject matter expert to assist in the improvement of clinical
quality outcomes. Acts as the liaison between dietitians and
management in the region/area to be covered.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Nutrition when
collaborating with other members of the area Quality Team.
Identifies quality improvement opportunities in the assigned area
to achieve CMS Conditions for Coverage and FMS quality program
- Manages the tactical execution of Quality and Nutrition
Services initiatives, interventions and standardized nutrition
counseling and education materials with clinic dietitians within
the assigned area.
- Provides general direction, technical guidance on medical
nutrition therapy and feedback based upon professional standards
and company guidelines to support dietitians within the assigned
area in achieving the desired outcomes in the following: quality,
patient satisfaction, teamwork, unit culture, and employee
- Provides leadership, coaching and development plans for all
direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce;
partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Manages the staffing of Nutrition Services to ensure dietitian
coverage. Responsible for enlisting dietitian coverage at dialysis
facilities within the assigned area during times of dietitian leave
of absences, vacations, census increases and vacancies.
- Manages orientation and training of all new dietitians within
the assigned area with the assistance of Education team,
Nutritional Services staff, and other disciplines. Provides
communication and ongoing training required for existing facility
dietitians to enhance clinical competencies and meet policies and
procedures individually and/or through area meetings.
- Attends and participates in regional, area, facility and team
meetings as appropriate which may include: quality team building
and staff development and other meetings as appropriate.
Collaborates with appropriate management staff as needed to achieve
effective inter-disciplinary, intra-disciplinary, and clinic
- Monitors and audits Nutrition Progress Notes, Comprehensive
Interdisciplinary Assessments, Plans of Care and other
documentation to meet CMS Conditions for Coverage and FMS
- Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education hours
as specified by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and state
licensure regulations where applicable. Maintains and improves
knowledge and skills for a competent and innovative practice.
- Regularly monitors registration and licensure status of direct
- Performs other related duties as assigned. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- The position requires travel between assigned facilities and
various locations within the community. Some out-of-the-area and
overnight travel may be expected.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of facility dietitians
within the assigned area.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS :
- Registered Dietitian as per Commission on Dietetic
- Current state licensure, if applicable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2-3 years dialysis experience required
- 3+ years' supervisory or project/program management experience
- Certification as Renal Nutrition Specialist (CSR)
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the
position, including ability to teach, strong organizational skills,
excellent communication, customer service, relationship
development, results orientation, team building and decision
- Maintains professional demeanor and presentation
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the team,
motivate other team members, and gain support and input from team
members in an unstructured environment.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Port St. Lucie , Manager Nutrition Services, Executive , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!