NURSE MANAGER HOSPITAL Med/Tele & Stroke
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Join the Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital team, where you
will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first
healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as the No. 4 hospital in
the nation, according to the U.S. and World News Report. At
Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated
caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a
rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare
organizations in the world.As a Nurse Manager, your primary duties
will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the practice and delivery of nursing care.
- Establishing clinical direction and providing clinical
- Supervising all aspects of personnel management and
- Developing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining adherence to regulatory standards.The ideal
candidate is someone who:
- Has previous management experience.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Provides care with compassion, empathy, and patience.
- Thrives as a team member.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment and is organized.This is an
excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to advance their
nursing career into a leadership role. You will have the
opportunity to guide our nursing team in providing quality and
integrity nursing care. We are looking for someone who can
strategically think while leading a brand new team of RNs at
Tradition Hospital. Our Nurse Managers are supported by leadership
and Cleveland Clinic offers various pathways to professionally
grow.Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
- Manages practice of professional nursing and delivery of nurse
care on assigned unit.
- Establishes clinical direction for nursing care delivery,
provides clinical supervision and maintains quality outcomes.
- Collaborates with liaison departments in maintaining patient
care standards, identifies and resolves issues affecting the
delivery of patient care services in a unit.
- Develops quality initiatives and implements policies and
procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health
services in a unit.
- Develops and maintains unit related patient care standards
through continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains JCAHO and other regulatory standards.
- Manages operation of unit.
- Analyzes personnel structure, determines staffing needs and
- Provides direction and supervision, evaluates performance,
conducts selection and termination process, and develops strategic
- Actively promotes staff and self-development.
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports
foundation research activities.
- Directs unit participation in evaluation of new products.
- Approves purchases and establishes or revises inventory
- Assists in the development and monitoring of budget.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- High degree of clinical expertise in specialty area
- Demonstrated leadership, management, communication, counseling,
problems solving, decision making, conflict resolution and group
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA)provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA)
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Three years of recent nursing clinical experience to include at
least one year of healthcare management experience
- Requires full range of motion including handling and lifting
patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye and hand
- Requires frequent data entry, sitting, standing and
- Requires corrective vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to
be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans /
Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Port St. Lucie , NURSE MANAGER HOSPITAL Med/Tele & Stroke, Executive , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!