Assistant General Manager
Company: Areas USA
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Food and Beverage experience is a plus.PART ITitle:Assistant
General ManagerReports To:General ManagerDepartment:Turnpike Food
and Beverage/Retail OperationsStatus:ExemptDate:August 12,
2013/Rev. 07-2015PART IIBroad Functions:Assist the GM in the
overall coordination, planning, organizing, training and leadership
necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee
retention, guest service and satisfaction, in food and retail
concepts in the turnpike plazas.PART IIIMain Duties &
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards,
specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive,
friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and
served according to the restaurants recipes, portioning, cooking
and serving standards.
- Ensure that all retail products are being displayed, purchased
and sold according to standards set forth for the achievement of
- Help achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality,
appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through
training of employees and creating a positive, productive working
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling
and reconciliation procedures in accordance with concepts policies
- Assist the GM in making employment and termination
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial
and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and
schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent
working condition through personal inspection and by following the
restaurants preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that retail outlets are kept clean and merchandise is
organized and displayed through personal inspection.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and
condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the
restaurants and retail concepts receiving policies and
- Assist and coordinate with Managers the process of employee
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity
while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed
and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of companys policies regarding personnel and
administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any
and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Assist the GM comply with all federal, state, county and
municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor
requirements of the restaurant, retail outlets, employees and
- Work side-by-side with General Manager and assist him/her in
developing strong relationships with the landlord/client,
Developers, and Individual Brand Partners/Franchisees.
- Work with GM and VP or Director of Ops in developing innovative
solutions for positive, long-term transformations within the
- Other duties as assigned by GM and/or VP or Director of
Operations of the property.PART IVSkills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality, Communications, Management or
related field preferred or Associates Degree with at least five
years of front and back of the house restaurant management. Same
applies for concepts that are quick service operations.
- Must have some retail management experience.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant
language(s) of the restaurants trading area.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Be able to lead a team of employees to reach company
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to
operate a cash register or POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50
- Must have the stamina to work 50+ hours per week.PART VPhysical
Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time,
use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The
associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms,
climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also
occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and
either lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
Keywords: Areas USA, Port St. Lucie , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!