Director of Nursing (FT) - Surgery Center of the Treasure Coast
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Location: US-FL-Port Saint LucieType: Full Time Employee# of
Openings: 1Category: Registered NurseSystem ID: 12521
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
The Surgical Center of the Treasure Coast:
We are a busy, two OR surgical center focused on providing the
highest quality of care to orthopaedic, and pain management
patients. You will be a valued team member of an exceptional, elite
staff where your knowledge and skill are acknowledged and
appreciated. Physician supported since 2003.
The Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for all aspects of
clinical care delivery in the facility. The DON is also responsible
for the Quality Improvement/Risk Management Program for the center
and responsibility of the Administrator in his/her absence. As a
Registered Nurse, the DON is also responsible for assessing,
planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care from
admission to discharge and developing and maintaining a culture of
patient safety and clinical quality.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities :
- Teamwork/Accountability/Integrity-Demonstrates continued
competence and participates in monitoring teammates for each
- Service Excellence-Interacts with all surgeons, patients,
families, visitors and fellow employees in a mature, responsible
manner to ensure a positive and professional facility
- Assesses, plans, evaluates, and ensures the implementation of
the patients' care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe
patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assumes a leadership role in the provision of quality nursing
care for patients receiving care.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and
caring for individuals based on age-specific needs utilizing
- Demonstrates appropriate and continued knowledge and competence
of designated skills identified for position.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of
accurate and up to date information in accordance with established
- Establishes and adheres to facility safety requirements and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Completes appropriate financial management
- Responsibly demonstrates the importance of continuing education
to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in
profession, to include staff development and education.
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Demonstrates understanding and puts into practice the SCA value
of Service Excellence.
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and clinical
- Participates in scheduled performance appraisals and
demonstrates dedication to ongoing performance improvement, to
include progressive discipline if necessary.
- Has successfully completed the program at an accredited school
- Current licensure to practice in Florida.
- At least two (2) to five (5) years of management experience in
ambulatory surgery center is desired.
- Current BLS certification.
- Current ACLS and PALS certification or successful completion
within 90 days of employment.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Port St. Lucie , Director of Nursing (FT) - Surgery Center of the Treasure Coast, Executive , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!