Teen Director FULL-TIME
Company: Boys & Girls Clubs of St Lucie County
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job Title: Teen DirectorSalary: $11.40 per hourBenefits:
Benefits' package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Plan, and
more.Hours: Up to 40 hours per week; non-exemptReports to: Club
DirectorLocation: TBD1. JOB PURPOSEThe Boys & Girls Clubs of St.
Lucie County takes changing the lives of youth to heart. We go
above and beyond to ensure that every youth that walks through our
doors has a world class club experience that provides them with the
opportunity for a GREAT FUTURE!The primary functions of the Teen
Director is to oversee the planning, development, implementation,
and evaluation of all teen services, particularly as it relates to
the core program area of character and leadership development.2.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESThe duties and responsibilities are, but
not limited to:
- Adopt the Formula for Impact and ensure that the Club is
reaching the kids who need us the most, providing them with an
outcome driven Club experience that is resulting in academic
success, healthier lifestyles and better character and citizenship
for our members.
- Provide a positive, safe, and productive environment to all
club members, staff, and volunteers consistently
- Serve sincerely as a youth advocate to all youth, especially
teens in need of role modeling, resources and advocacy.
- In keeping with the Formula for Impact objectives, effectively
implement and administer programs, services and activities for
members that are fun, educational and engaging.
- Recruit and retain participants for the duration of programs to
successfully educate and fully connect with youth.
- Actively contribute to the organizational culture of
- As the organization continues to grow, represent and advocate
for the agency at collaborative meetings and coalitions within the
- Be responsible for evaluation of all services, which
illustrates an accurate measurement of the success of programs and
challenges needing to be overcome.
- Ensure accountability and compliance with grants and other
funding measures; be responsible for accurate and required
paperwork including logs, attendance, records, etc. Provide
periodic updates on evaluation efforts to the Club Director as
- Actively engage in on-going trainings, conferences and
workshops to continuously enhance skills and meet the needs of
- The Teen Director develops collaborative partnerships with
public, civic groups and social agencies and community, including
parents within St. Lucie County
- Communicate daily with Club Directors as well as other
professional staff to interpret and explain program objectives and
standards, discuss issues and provide and/or receive information.
Initiates and monitors regular communications with Club members as
needed for discipline, advice, and counsel.
- Manages, supervises and examines the Club's financial resources
and assists in the development of annual budgets, as well as the
controlling of expenditures in relation to the Club's established
- Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff, members,
volunteers, and supervisor to receive and/or provide information,
discuss issues, and explain or interpret guidelines and/or
- Maintain contact as needed with external community groups,
schools, member's parents, and others to assist in resolving
problems.OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participate in BGCA trainings, internal trainings, and
All Staff meetings
- May oversee special programs and/or events (e.g. Torch Club,
Youth of the Year, and Awards Programs), and/or participate in the
implementation of other Club activities as necessary.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions;
participate in professional development opportunities as
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed
- Drive Club van when needed
- Clean area as needed at the end of day
- Fill in at a Club as needed
- Other related duties as specified by the Club Director.3.
- Must submit to and pass Level 2 background screening through
the Florida Department of Children & Families.
- Must pass pre-employment drug testCERTIFICATIONS
- Current CPR/First Aid certification preferred.EDUCATION /
- Four (4) year degree in related field from an accredited
college or university OR
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a Boys & Girls Club or
similar organization planning and supervising activities based on
the developmental needs of young people OR
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in youth development and
programming for an after-school programSKILLS/KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work regular Club hours, evenings, and some
- Report to scheduled shift consistently and on time.
- High energy, driven, dedicated, motivated, confident, flexible,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize.
- Ability to effectively direct and supervise subordinates.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as copy machine,
facsimile equipment, and computer.
- Care properly for equipment and resources.
- Ability to promote the dignity and respect of those we
- Maintain positive interactions with club members,
parents/guardians, co-workers, supervisors and people in the
- Maintain confidentiality of those we serve.
- Follow policies, procedures and rules of the organization.
- Serve as role model and demonstrate, encourage and offer
direction in fairness, consistency, attentiveness, ability to work
with others, appropriate dress and appearance, and effective
- Ensure positive employee relations and timely resolution of
issues and problems encountered by staff.
- Ensure the appropriate communication and follow-up of
maintenance needs of work site.
- Communicate to supervisor any pertinent contact from family,
school, or significant others.TRAVELSome travel may be required for
training and/or other business purposes.4. WORKING CONDITIONSFast
paced work environment; flexibility to working schedules may be
required due to changing business demands. General office
conditions is the standard work environment (standing, sitting, and
walking). Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County is an equal
opportunity employer and a smoke, drug and alcohol free
workplace.5. OTHERNothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time with or without
Keywords: Boys & Girls Clubs of St Lucie County, Port St. Lucie , Teen Director FULL-TIME, Executive , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!