Director of Nursing
Company: Advanced Care Partners
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:The Director of Nursing is responsible for the overall
management and performance of the Clinical operation of the
Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care (PPEC). This role oversees the
coordination of patient care through the supervision of the
clinical staff, as well as manages the safety and infection
control, Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement program, which
includes oversight of the clinical record review and chart audits
and maintenance of medical supplies. The Director of Nursing
assures the organization is compliant with state licensing
requirements and all applicable state and federal regulatory
standards are continually met.Responsibilities:
- Serves as a resource to all agency personnel regarding clinical
- Oversees the provision of the care to patients with standards
of practice, community need, agency policies and procedures,
federal guidelines and State licensure laws.
- Develops, maintains, and implementsclinical/nursing policies
and procedures for the delivery of patient services.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to clinical
staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Oversees theplanning, implementation and evaluation of all
performance improvement activities including Outcomes Based Quality
- Manages and oversees the Clinical Supervisor staff, including
but not limited to approving their mileage and expense reports,
assuring they are performing duties to maintain clinical
compliance, developing goals and plans, and offering guidance.
- Oversees planning and evaluation of the Infection Control and
- Responsible for corrective action, written and verbal warnings,
and terminating all nursing employees, in partnership with the
Human Resources Department.
- Monitors complaint reports for allegations of potential abuse
or neglect, fraud, or violations of safety practices and company
policies, and participates in the investigations.
- Works as a collaborative team member with all departments and
senior leadership, to ensure company alignment with overall growth
and financial outcomes
- Evaluates services provided through patient outcomes,
statistical and financial data, and other quality improvement
- Track resource utilization, create budget plans, and ensure
budget is met.
- Hire and train new staff for the Clinical Operations
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change,or new ones
may be assigned at any time with or without notice.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited program or the
equivalent. Master's Degree (MBA, MHA, MPH) preferred
- Minimum five(5) years' experience in nursing, with at least one
(1) year in home, community health, or PPEC nursing preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum three(3) years in a management/leadership role
- Demonstrates basic computer skills.
- Current license as a professional, registered nurse.
Keywords: Advanced Care Partners, Port St. Lucie , Director of Nursing, Executive , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!