HS Chemistry Teacher
Company: Charter Schools USA
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: July 27, 2022
10 Month Position
Create and implement a flexible program and classroom environment
favorable to student learning and personal growth. Develops lesson
plans consistent with established guidelines. Establish effective
rapport with students, staff members, and parents. Motivate
students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge to provide an
effective educational foundation, in accordance with each student's
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the
company's philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the
adopted courses of study.
* Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for
effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
* Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning
opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and
* Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of
understanding regarding each student's abilities and needs.
Maintain accurate and complete student records.
* Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each
* Utilizes a variety/range of student learning modalities in each
lesson and uses differentiated instruction within those
* Utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning on a frequent
* Maintains accurate and completes student records.
* Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis,
provides appropriate activities to address student needs and
generates progress reports as required.
* Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate
* Assigns lessons, corrects student work product and reviews oral
* Coordinates class field trips (as required).
* Prepares students for state required achievement assessments.
* Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and
is willing to share this knowledge for the continual improvement of
the school's curriculum.
* Assists in the on-going curriculum revision process, including
the revision of written courses of study.
* Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other
* Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to
students as an extension of regular classroom activities.
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
* Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and
appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
* Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience
and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
* Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated
work on display as appropriate.
* Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct.
* Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in
accordance with CSUSA policy and guidelines, and maintains order in
the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
* Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and
* Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to meet
instructional objective and students needs.
* Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation
upon request of supervisory personnel.
* Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning
during designated meetings.
* Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required
in the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
* Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement
effectively the planned instructional program.
* Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable
effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
* Communicates clearly, consistently and positively with parents
via all appropriate mediums.
* Cooperates with members of the administration, other staff and
* Maintains confidentiality regarding student records.
* Participates in parent communication activities.
* Participates in extracurricular activities to ensure a positive
school culture and provide support for students and staff (as
MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and
the mission of the company; support the company's values in the
strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance,
superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in
the Employee Handbook.
* Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the
ability to prioritize effectively.
* Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and
administrative staff. Is sensitive to sensitive to corporate needs,
employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations
* Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such
between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and
* Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including
presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening),
Negotiating and Influencing.
* Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to
follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to
solicit feedback to improve performance.
* Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email
* Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness.
* Strives to implement best practices and positive character
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* No physical exertion required.
* Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity.
* Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work
environment characteristics listed below are representative of the
environment the employee will encounter:
* May be around or handling hazardous chemicals
* May be noisy during high student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and
benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours This document
does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other
than an "at will" relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole
right and discretion to make changes to this position description.
Any employee making changes unauthorized by the Human Resources
Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and
Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or
equivalent. Possession of valid teaching certification (as
appropriate). Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful
teaching experience (may include Student Teaching Internship
experience). Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical
knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement,
evaluation and feedback techniques. Understanding of and commitment
to company values. Successful results of criminal and employment
background check. Effective instructional delivery techniques and
excellent communication skills. Adherence to the requirements of
the Code of Ethics for the Education Profession. Such alternatives
to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and
Tradition Preparatory HS-FL718
Keywords: Charter Schools USA, Port St. Lucie , HS Chemistry Teacher, Education / Teaching , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!