Unit Secretary Emergency PRN
Company: St. Lucie Medical Center
Location: Port Saint Lucie
Posted on: May 16, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL UNIT SECRETARY, ED, PRN, .001 FTE
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility
accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing
Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to
the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350
skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have
resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in
Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of
services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization
lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital
mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and
hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care
and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home
to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America.
HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical
Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND
PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
The UNIT SECRETARY acts as the primary clerical resource for the
unit. Position duties and responsibilities include:
* Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations
of the unit.
* Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
* Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
* Assembles patient charts.
* Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when
staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding
* Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring
information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other
hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other
* Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer
* Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
* Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
Required Qualifications include:
Previous medical/clerical experience preferred
* Previous experience as a Unit Secretary in a hospital setting
* Strong customer service skills.
* Familiarity with medical terminology.
* Computer literacy is preferred.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending,
reaching and some lifting.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: St. Lucie Medical Center, Port St. Lucie , Unit Secretary Emergency PRN, Administration, Clerical , Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!